About Our LSO Courses
Our LSO courses cover the theory for the areas of Hair removal, Minor Vascular Lesions, Pigmentary Lesions, Tattoo Removal, Skin Resurfacing and Wrinkle Removal with the use of various lasers.
If needing training for large groups 10+ please call us on 1800 628 999.
Day 1: LSO Course ~ Part 1
Course Approval Code: #ED156 | Standard LSO Course
- This course covers the theory on laser radiation and safety practices,
- The use of laser for Hair Removal only and
- The steps for preparing your Radiation Safety & Protection Plan (RSPP) which is required by all owners of laser apparatus’.
- The steps on how to apply to Queensland Radiation for a Use Licence will also be covered.
Day 2: LSO Course ~ Part 2, Extension Course
Course Approval Code: #ED157 | Extension Course | Prerequisite Course: LSO Part 1
- This is an extension of the Part 1 course where video or practical demonstration will be given,
- The course covers the use of Laser apparatus to do Tattoo Removal, Vascular, Skin Rejuvenation, Collagen Stimulation, Pigmented Lesion treatments and/or Non-Invasive Fractional Laser Resurfacing.
Who Should Attend?
- Any owners who wish to possess any laser apparatus for Cosmetic purposes on their premises.
- Any operators who wish to use a laser apparatus for Cosmetic treatment in the areas described above.
What Will You Receive Upon Completion?
- You will be given course notes, manual, demonstrations and a Government certification as a Laser Safety Officer (upon successful passing of exam in LSO Part 1)
- Steps required to progress to obtaining a Use Licence in your area of interest (i.e. Laser Tattoo Removal Operator).
Minimum Qualifications Required
Also stated in the Act, Persons seeking a license to use laser apparatus are required to possess a working understanding of biology, physiology, pathology, anatomy of skin, types of skin lesions, wound healing, scar management and pain management.
Applicants looking only for an operators licence for Tattoo Removal need only complete an Infection Control Course prior to submission of application forms to Queensland Radiation Health.
Applicants looking for other laser operator usages, such as Hair Removal, are therefore required to be trained in one of the following areas:
- Beauty Therapy Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year practical experience
- Enlisted or Registered nurse
- Past Nursing Experience
- Medical Assistant, Beauty Therapy students or Massage Therapist
- Clinic owners with equivalent experience or currently a student of Tertiary Education
- Business Owner wishing to apply for a possession license
What’s covered in the course:
- Australian Health Regulatory Requirements
- Scope and General Information
- Laser and its Properties
- Laser Delivery Systems
- Biological Effects
- Laser interactions with Tissue
- Organs at risk
- Pulsed lasers
- Optical Fibre Breakages
- Airborne Contaminants
- Dye Lasers
- Fumes and Vapours
- Unshielded Laser Flash Lamps
- Heated Surfaces or Instruments
- LSO’s responsibilities
- Acceptance, Quality Assurance Testing & Preventative Maintenance
- Safe Practices
- A practical, hands-on experience with a laser (time permitting)