Our Laser Safety Officer Courses cover the theory for the areas of Hair removal, Minor Vascular Lesions, Pigmentary Lesions, Tattoo Removal, Skin Resurfacing and Wrinkle Removal with the use of various lasers. There are 2 courses available according to what the needs of the laser operator are.
Who Should Attend?
Any owners who wish to possess any laser apparatus for Cosmetic purposes on their premises.
Any operators who wish to use a laser apparatus for Cosmetic treatment in the areas described above.
What Will You Receive Upon Completion?
You will be given course notes, manual, demonstrations and a
Government certification as a Laser Safety Officer (upon successful passing of exam in LSO Part 1)
Steps required to progress to obtaining a Use Licence in your area of interest (i.e. Laser Tattoo Removal Operator).
Minimum Qualifications Required
Also stated in the Act, Persons seeking a license to use laser apparatus are required to possess a working understanding of biology, physiology, pathology, anatomy of skin, types of skin lesions, wound healing, scar management and pain management.
Whats covered in the course:
- Australian Health Regulatory Requirements
- Scope and General Information
- Laser and its Properties
- Laser Delivery Systems
- Biological Effects
- Laser interactions with Tissue
- Organs at risk
- Pulsed lasers
- Optical Fibre Breakages
- Airborne Contaminants
- Dye Lasers
- Fumes and Vapours
- Equipment Explosion
- Unshielded Laser Flash Lamps
- Heated Surfaces or Instruments
- LSO’s responsibilities
- Acceptance, Quality Assurance Testing & Preventative Maintenance
- Safe Practices
- A practical, hands-on experience with a laser (time permitting)
Applicants are therefore required to have:
- Beauty Therapy Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year practical experience
- Enlisted or Registered nurse
- Past Nursing Experience
- Medical Assistant, Beauty Therapy students or Massage Therapist
- Clinic owners with equivalent experience or currently a student of Tertiary Education
- Business Owner wishing to apply for a possession license